The DSO Diversity fellowship is designed to promote inclusivity and representation from a wide range of backgrounds, providing opportunities for musicians to participate and thrive in the world of classical music.
Creating a more diverse and inclusive environment within the orchestra community will foster a richer, more vibrant musical landscape.
Individuals will have opportunity to
FLUTE Fellowship candidates should
DEADLINE TO APPLY: WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2023
Submit materials to:
Tim Hagen, DSO principal flute
1. Application form which includes three references familiar with your work (can be filled out by clicking link here)
2. Brief written statement (no more than two typed pages) describing your career goals and how the fellowship would support them
3. Video recordings of the following:
Flute I parts
Flute II parts
Optional piccolo parts
1. Recordings must be unedited.
2. You may choose to record all selections in one long take or record a separate take for each selection. For works with multiple excerpts listed (Mendelssohn and, if you submit piccolo recordings, Ravel), you may record each excerpt in a separate take.
3. We recommend using a recording setup that captures the best possible sound quality.